The Professional Women in Building Council (PWB) is the voice of women in the building industry—dedicated to promoting industry professionalism and supporting members at the local, state and national levels. For more than 60 years, PWB members have made meaningful strides to build a more diverse workforce and bring awareness to the important role
women serve in the residential construction industry. PWB represents members working in all facets of the industry as builders, developers, remodelers, trade contractors, architects, marketers, designers and mortgage brokers, and is recognized and chartered by National Association of Home Builders.
Our mission is to promote and support all aspects of building and empower women within the industry through professional development and leadership training.
According to recent studies, company earnings of PWB members are 22% higher than those who are not members. PWB is the perfect place to foster the relationships that are at the heart of our industry.
Our members enjoy:
- Personal and professional development and growth
- Continuing education grants in industry-related programs
- Promotion and support of active involvement in the political and legislative process
- Promotion and support of community involvement
- Recognition of member industry achievements
- Travel grants to national meetings
- Networking, both face-to-face and online
- Building relationships through PWB connections
- Committee participation
- Social media forums
- Information and resource materials in the areas of building codes, legal issues, sales and marketing, and business management
- Publications and resources – Building Women magazine
There is a fee of $50 per member to join the council and is open to men as well.